So my weight loss challenge actually started in December with Steve and we use financial compensation to fuel the workouts. Basically you don't get any spending money unless you 1) track your calories, 2) workout both cardio and weights and 3) are under calories and get the correct ratio of carbs/protein/fat. Since starting I am down 8lbs! Or shall I say I was down 8lbs until I did the leg workout of death and combined with my lovely friend progesterone it will be only 6lbs until my muscles recover (I am sure I'll blog about water retention with muscle recovery later).
Alright onto my goals...
1) Lose 10lbs in total....so 2 more to go.
2) Get symmetrical leg muscles. I am down about 2" in my quad from my injury so this one is a toughy since I can only one leg press 20lbs compared to 90lbs.
3) Drop a dress size and pant size! Now why would I want to do this since it would mean having to go out and shop for all new clothes....is it weird to re-buy the same jeans in a different size?
4) Eat more protein, like 30% of my daily total.
5) Do weight workout 5x a week, at a minimum 3x.
6) Tone up and not get skinny fat! This would require to get skinny to get skinny fat but protein + weights will make this not happen.
7) Yoga or Pilates once a week
8) Complete 150 workouts by the end!
9) Eat 1500 calories a day
How am I going to achieve these goals? Well I am already doing cardio 2x a day. Crazy I know, I should be thinner but my body is very very efficient and I am injured. My cardio choices include elliptical and bike and I just don't burn the calories that I use to, it happens, and normally I would do some running, kickboxing, group fitness class, jump rope but all of these are currently forbidden. So I start my day at 6am in the gym and take a mid-day lunch break also at the gym. Where I lack is my after work muscle workout which is probably the most important but I am seriously lacking in motivation to do weights. Haven't I worked out enough?
My hardest challenge is definitely consuming more protein. Even with drinking a protein shake I am hovering around 20-25% of my 1500 calorie
Michelle's fitness plan:
Monday-Friday 6am 60min cardio (Fri will be Yoga days)
Monday-Friday lunch time 60 minute cardio unless there is some pressing lunch meeting
Saturday and Sunday, minimum 60 minute cardio
Weekly weight workout: (all completed in sets of 4 with 8-12 reps)
Chest: Incline chest press, dumbbell chest press, dumbbell pec fly and 30 push ups to start
Back: Assisted Chin up, Seated Row, T-bar row, Lat raises
Legs: Weighed squats, straight leg deadlifts, dumbbell forward lunge, leg press
Arms: EZ bar bicep curls, tricep dips, dumbell bicep curls, tricep pull downs with rope
Shoulders: dumbbell military press, lateral raises and rear delts
I'll change around my rotation after about 6 weeks.
Well I am sure I have written enough for one day and all of this blogging has given me the motivation to do a chest workout tonight! I am very excited to see everyone once the challenge is done because when you are gone for a long time people notice if you have put on weight or lost it!