Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Week 2: Weigh-in and Exercise

Starting weight: 133lbs
Last week's weight: 136lbs
Current weight: 132lbs
Exercise: Running 17kms
7 days of The 30 Day Shred

Hmmm... you have to say that on the surface this weeks' results are a little insane. What you don't know is that I happened to have fallen victim to The Evil Vomit Illness of 2012. So, despite the lack of exercise (sick children really do get in the way of running outside!) I have lost much weight this week. It's probably because I spent all of Sunday night not-throwing-up, all of Monday sleeping (read: and not eating), and most of Tuesday sleeping (read: again not eating).

Today is my first day back to real meals. All I have managed for the whole day is a small bowl of yogurt, one muffin and 5/8th of a bean meal. Oh, right, and 1/2 cup of coffee. It turns out that I'm not quite ready for coffee. Extra sad for me.

Tomorrow will be my first day back to being a real person. I haven't so much missed Jillian, but I am glad that things are getting back to normal. There is a chance that I will wake-up pathetic and push her off to tomorrow. Oh, the excitement of my young (ok, fine, kinda old) life!

If nothing else, my close brush with death vomit helped me avoid all my usual coping mechanisms of dealing with the children puking their guts out. I was able to dump all the barf (literally and figuratively) on Scott due to being out for count in my own right. Between not eating and not coping, things on the diet front have been great.

I highly doubt that I will be able to maintain this week's 4lbs weight loss once I am back to being a regular non-sick person. But nevertheless, I am off the hate for my scale for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment